Builder is an intuitive editing program that a content expert can use to create and enter content in cTRAIN titles, or modify them at any time. Builder creates both the desktop and web versions of a title. Builder is available for Macintosh 10.4 or above. It can create titles for PC (Windows) or Macintosh computers/operating systems and web delivery runs on current and recent versions of all popular browsers. For movies that will work with all modern browsers, we use Vimeo which means your videos will reside on Vimeo’s secure servers. To prepare movies for upload to vimeo as part of the Builder editing process, use the Vimeo conventions.
Builder’s interface and tools are shown in the picture. They include:
• Create title (or clone an existing title, eg, to change the language on screen for a multi-language option)
• Select English, Spanish or Arabic language (for the navigation bar at the bottom; any language can be entered as text)
• Add pictures (jpg, png)
• Add movies or very large pictures (that cover the text) as “Pop-ups”
• Add or delete screens
• Record audio for natural voice recordings of on-screen text (user presses 6 to listen, screen by screen; if no recording, text-to-speech occurs in English)
• Set answer for multiple choice quiz or test questions (from 1-4 answers)
• Add Training info… about the content, authors, whatever for users using the desktop version of cTRAIN
Tools in toolbar
• Add or delete topics
• Resequence Topics (change the order of the topics)
• Add or delete infosets (a Topic consists of one or more ‘infosets’ that begin with an information screen and end with a quiz screen)
• Manage infoset (change the order of screens in an infoset, except that all quiz screens must be grouped at the end)
• Extraset options (add ‘extra’ information that is optional and typically does not include information on quizzes/tests, for the curious)
• Screen tagging (to link common test questions for grouping in cTRAIN’s report formats; eg, all answers about policy or safety)
• Preview screen (for the desktop version, show the screen in run mode to see what a user sees
• Take screenshot (to send to someone to see what a screen looks like)
• Export title to Word (for a client or editor to view and make edits that can be copied/pasted back into the Title)
• Check Title integrity (to check structural issues; like a ‘pre-flight’ check)
• Test movie conversions (another ‘pre-flight’ check)
• Batch change movies (to set all movies to a single ‘play option such as cannnot be interrupted; must be played before trainee can advance, or not)
• Create web title (to preview view of title in a browser and change location of pictures that is needed in the web environment AND upload title)
• List title media (so you have a specific list by screen; it can be helpful for changes)
Builder allows you to create, edit and prepare your titles for distribution (by you) or on our download server for distribution to your client (and we can create your own private client page to distribute training titles to your clients). NwETA does take the last step of finalizing the title, typically a 1-day process in Manager.
Title Revision (after you have been using it and want to change it)
Once training is in use, changes will be needed to keep it current. See the Title Revision page about the changes you can make by licensing Builder, or NwETA can make for you at a per-screen cost.
Data on Your Secure Space on NwETA Servers
This option allows your clients to download your titles from the NwETA servers though your company name will be reflected on the server. Please contact us to arrange for the server setup. Establishing a catalog of titles for download is priced independently.