PUSH (Promoting U through Safety & Health) is a web-based young worker Total Worker Health™ training that provides knowledge and skills young adults need to protect themselves and promote wellness now and into the future.
The PUSH web-based, smartphone, tablet and computer accessible training integrates a nationally recognized young worker safety curriculum (Youth @ Work: Talking Safety) and evidence-based health promotion curricula into an engaging format, which has demonstrated favorable short-term outcomes and acceptance when prospectively assessed in a randomized controlled trial among young workers.
Topics in PUSH:
- Identifying and eliminating hazards
– Safety, chemical, biological, and other health hazards
– Policies and protection
- Preventing and preparing for emergencies
– Violence and de-escalation
- Protecting your rights and knowing your responsibilities
– OSHA and BOLI
– Communication and asking questions
- Living a healthy and balanced life
– Emotional health
– Drugs and alcohol
This training was developed by Dr. Diane Rohlman and Ms. Megan Parish of the Oregon Healthy Workforce Center.