The Safety & Health Improvement Program (SHIP) toolkit is an evidence-based workplace training program or intervention for supervisors and their work teams. The training title consists of 98 screens designed to promote employee health, safety, work-life balance, and team effectiveness. This 1-pager provides an overview of the materials and training in the toolkit.
The SHIP toolkit is composed of:
- This one-hour computer-based training title for supervisors*
- A User Guide to implement the intervention
- An Implementation checklist
- A behavior-tracking period meant to reinforce the training principles (cards included in User Guide)
- Team-based planning and problem-solving that utilizes a modified version of WFD Consulting’s Team Effectiveness Process (TEP) (description and options included in User Guide)
- Follow-up sessions (described in User Guide)
* The cost below is for the training title; all other items in the toolkit are available at no cost at YourWorkpath.com.
Learn more about the SHIP toolkit and the science behind the development of SHIP. These SHIP briefling slides can be used to introduce SHIP to management.
Evidence base: In a randomized trial, this toolkit improved blood pressure in the group and increased positive opinions about supervisors in supervisors who began the study with poor relationships with their employees. A peer-reviewed publication describes this intervention and it’s results.
Record of Results
Licensing provides an account, password and server space where all results are saved; results can be accessed by our Data Reports tool (free).
Users who complete the final test can print a certificate of completion on the following screen.
• Trainings (licensed ‘uses’) can begin at any time over a year from the initial date on the license.
• Once a training is begun there is no time limit on when it can be completed.
• Users can quit the training (press esc or close browser) and click the original link to return to the same place in the training if they use the exact same user name that they entered when starting training.