The Safety & Health Improvement Program (SHIP) is an evidence-based workplace training program or intervention for supervisors and their work teams. The training consists of 98 screens designed to promote employee health, safety, work-life balance, and team effectiveness.
The SHIP toolkit is composed of:
- This one-hour computer-based training for supervisors
- A behavior-tracking period meant to reinforce the training principles
- Team-based planning and problem-solving that utilizes a modified version of WFD Consulting’s Team Effectiveness Process
- Follow-up sessions
Evidence base: In a randomized trial, this toolkit improved blood pressure in the group and increased positive opinions about supervisors in supervisors who began the study with poor relationships with their employees. A peer-reviewed publication describes this intervention.
Records of Results
Licensing provides an account, password option and secure server space where all results are saved in your organization’s space; results can be downloaded through our Data Reports tool (free).
• institutional purchase order (PO)
• direct bank transfer
– Add $25 to product cost if paying by International bank transfer.
Product delivered after bank transfer or PO arrives, or after check clears.
• credit card (available on this page)
Note: Trainings (number of ‘uses’) can begin at any time over a year from date on the license (per the email); 1-5 over-the-limit trainings are allowed to accommodate false starts. Once a training is begun there is no time limit on when it can be completed.